Wednesday, December 30, 2009

lessons learned

New Years Eve is tomorrow.
This year is finally coming to a close.
It sure has been an interesting one.
I have experienced so much in the past few months.

My life changed at the beginning of the school year.
I started hanging out with more people and making new friends.
Through the changes in my social and personal lives, I've learned so much.

I've learned who I can talk to and truly trust.
I've learned about relationships and what they entail.
I've learned that the best option is usually letting things run their course.
I've learned that sometimes people will dislike you for no reason.
I've learned that hard work really does pay off.
I've learned that sometimes things don't go the way you first thought they would.
I've learned that that's okay sometimes.
I've learned more about my friends and how they think.
I've learned that it's important to think about how your actions affect others.
I've learned that I really don't care how people perceive me.
I've learned that sometimes you have to admit that you've made a mistake.
I've learned about myself.
I've learned about others.
I've learned that love really is all you need.

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that.
    seriously though haha.
    I couldn't agree more with this post... I love everything about it. I can relate to it so much, (well, clearly, since we became close this year haha) and it's sooo true and philosophical and deep.
    anyway, I love you dear!! I really hope 2010 will be amazing, because from the way things look, it really will be.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha thanks gurl!
    Yeah, I'm so glad we became closer friends!! I love you too!
    And yes, I think it'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete